The old Orthodox Church was built in 1834 in the area of Byelusine. An important example of sacred orthodox architec-ture, the Church guards a beautiful icon of the Virgin Mary, a wooden iconostasis with several Russian, Venetian and local icons dating back to between the 15th and 18th centuries. The new Church, located in a hilly part of the city was built between 1863 and 1873 according to the project of artist Spasoje Vulić. Due to a lack of understanding between Vulić and the people of Mostar, the work was ﬁnished by Andreja Damjanov who had just ﬁnished constructing the Orthodox Church of Sarajevo. The bombings of the last war destroyed almost all of this wonderful building and its artistic inheritance has been lost. Nowadays, governmental bodies are working hard to be able to proceed with its reconstruction.
Bjelušine b.b. (travel agencies can organize visits).